Overall Rank: 49
Category: Consumer HealthTech
Category Rank: 6
- Top HealthTech Company of 2023
Welldoc® is a global digital health leader transforming healthcare with its comprehensive chronic care platform that integrates personalized, real-time and actionable insights into the daily lives of individuals, enabling improved health and outcomes. Welldoc’s scalable platform provides multi-condition support across pre-diabetes, diabetes, hypertension, heart failure, weight and obesity management, and mental wellbeing. Welldoc partners with health plans, health systems and employers with the goal of extending care, improving health and reducing costs.
Welldoc operates ahead of the curve of innovation in the digital health industry and continues to evolve and expand their offerings in line with market and consumer needs. This is possible through the company’s deep understanding of the healthcare ecosystem, specialized expertise in digital health for chronic care and flexible, partnership-based model and tech. The company’s foresight into industry needs enables Welldoc to deliver a best-in-class digital health solution, while ensuring seamless integration into existing health ecosystems.
The Welldoc Platform
The Welldoc digital health platform provides multi-condition support across pre-diabetes, diabetes, hypertension, heart failure, weight and obesity management, and mental wellbeing. More than just an app, the Welldoc platform features AI-driven digital coaching which provides personalized guidance to empower individuals in their chronic care journey. The Welldoc Advanced AI-Engine makes correlations between siloed health data (medications, labs, diet, activity, symptoms and psychosocial factors), actions and progress over time so individuals can self-manage their conditions and build better habits, while providing personalized information and insights to support care team connections, interventions and clinical decisions.
Welldoc’s solution makes care models more efficient and scalable by seamlessly integrating into existing systems to support connected care and enable health plans and health systems to extend face-to-face models. Through AI-driven digital coaching, individuals learn to self-manage their conditions, regardless of their proximity to providers. The platform also supports clinical decision-making and strengthens connections – between individuals, care teams and health organizations.
For full labeling information, visit welldoc.com.
Chronic conditions account for up to 75% of all healthcare costs.1 The Welldoc platform applies a holistic, evidence-based approach throughout the chronic care journey, by coaching individuals on how to self-manage their chronic condition and build better habits with a digital-first approach.
Leveraging its advanced AI engine, Welldoc provides robust personalized digital coaching throughout the chronic care journey, from prevention to complex chronic condition support. Welldoc has a unique approach focused on partnership with health plans, health systems and employers. This collaborative approach is how the company is driving an evolved standard of care that supports self-management and optimized care interventions, while also ensuring that digital health is not siloed from the care ecosystem.
A summary of key findings related to cost of care and reliability of the Welldoc platform in enabling improved health and outcomes include:
- 1.9% Points A1C Improvement2
- $3,048-$3,252 Cost Savings Per Person with Diabetes3
- 7.2-12 mmHg Blood Pressure Reduction4
- ≥2% Points A1C reduction with CGM5
- 68% showed an average of 6% weight loss over 6 months. Based on individuals who paired with weight scales/data over 6 mo. across multiple client programs6
- Net Promotor Score (NPS) of 70.1
Furthermore, Welldoc continues to be recognized for leadership, innovation and partnership across the healthcare industry. In 2023, Welldoc was named the “Best Overall Digital Health Company” by MedTech Breakthrough and received the Innovation and AI Excellence Awards from Business Intelligence Group.
- The Welldoc chronic care platform includes first-in-class clinical, tech and advanced AI expertise, as demonstrated by:
- 11 510(k) FDA Clearances for capabilities associated with type 1 and type 2 diabetes*
- 75+ clinical publications
- 41 patents
- Kevin McRaith, President, Chief Executive Officer
- Keith Reynolds, Chief Operating Officer
- Anand Iyer, PhD, MBA, Chief Analytics Officer
- Marina Dorotheo, Chief Marketing & Strategy Officer
- Mansur E. Shomali, MD, CM, Chief Medical Officer
- Avinash Birnale, Chief Technology Officer
- Simon Salgado, Chief Revenue Officer
Learn more about the Welldoc leadership team
Welldoc is a global organization on a mission to help people everywhere stay ahead of their chronic conditions — at home, work or wherever life takes them. The company has offices in the DC-Maryland metro area and Bangalore, India, as well as a strong base of remote team members.
Welldoc is Great Place to Work Certified™. Fortune Magazine also named Welldoc one of the Best Workplaces in Health Care™ based on its Great Place to Work ranking. Welldoc strives to offer best-in-class benefits and encourages both the personal and professional development of its employees.
Welldoc believes in a work environment that aligns with people’s lives and strives to ensure everyone on the team has the freedom at work, and away-from-work, to be their best selves. That means respecting, trusting, empowering, and challenging one another — while having fun as they grow and make a difference, together.
At Welldoc, diversity drives the company’s thinking. It’s how Welldoc approach gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, and ability. Welldoc believes a commitment to diversity in experience, expertise, background, belief and identity, along with combined perspectives, drives and inspires the team to help shape a better future for everyone.
Welldoc respects and trusts its employees and strives to provide competitive total rewards packages that demonstrate the company’s gratitude and recognition of this commitment. All employees receive share options, as well as a competitive salary and employee appreciation benefits. Welldoc believes its employees are its biggest asset and continually invests in training and coaching programs. The company strives to give its employees everything they need to both love their job and do amazing work, on terms that are right for them and their family.
- Kevin McRaith, President, Chief Executive Officer
- Donald V. Almeida, Lead Director/Chair
- Caleb Winder, Director
- Dan Garrett, Director
- Dave Stevenson, Director
- David Kim, Director
- Michael Pachos, Director
- Chihiro Hosoya, Board Observer
- Skip Fleshman, Board Observer
Learn more about Welldoc’s Board of Directors here
News and Press Releases
- August 23 2023, Welldoc received its 11th 510(k) Clearance from FDA for Award-Winning Diabetes Platform BlueStar® (Read)
- April 17, 2023: Digital Health on the Rise as Japan’s Healthcare System Gets Hi-Tech Makeover (Read)
- March 14,2023: Best Apps for Managing Diabetes (Read)
- February 25, 2023: Best Apps for Diabetes in 2023 to Regulate Blood Sugar and Maintain a Healthy Diet (Read)
- September 28, 2022: Welldoc®: Delivering ‘Just in Time’ Care (Read)
- September 19, 2022: Welldoc inc: Trailblazing a Chronic Care Revolution (Read)
Learn more about Welldoc’s latest press releases and news.
Welldoc answers the complexity of chronic conditions with simplicity – one digital health partner and platform to help people with chronic conditions live easier and better lives. Welldoc informs, supports, and connects the entire care ecosystem – individuals, their care teams, and the health systems and plans they depend on.
Integrating personalized, real-time and actionable insights into the daily lives of individuals living with chronic conditions.
Enabling improved care, health, and outcomes for individuals, care teams and populations.